Our client based in Trafalgar is a local, family owned company that is trusted and respected for providing employees with a safe and supportive work environment and offering excellent remuneration to reward hard work. Involved in the transport business, they provide exceptional service in the relocation of buildings and are now seeking a permanent HC Truck Driver / Labourer on a casual basis.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant must be flexible and available to work anywhere from one day a week up to 100 hours per fortnight, depending on the transport assignments scheduled.
In this diverse role, your duties will include:
• Driving a heavy-combination truck to relocate buildings and carry oversized loads
• On site labouring with other tradesmen
• Lifting objects weighing up to 50kgs
• Undertake a pilot licence during employment
• Occasionally stay away from home up to one week at a time (accommodation arrangements vary)
• Working long and irregular hours
• Travelling interstate mainly into Southern NSW
To be successful for this role it is essential that you have the following:
• A current and valid HC truck licence and white card ticket
• Physical fitness to lift heavy objects and manoeuvre under buildings
• The initiative and motivation to learn on the job with minimal training
• A current Working with Children’s Check and Police Check (or willing to obtain)
• The ability to pass a demerit points check
• The ability to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test
We are seeking candidates that have HC truck driving experience as well as general labouring experience. Pilot driving experience and experience with oversize loads is considered highly advantageous.
If you consider yourself a skilled and reliable truck driver and are prepared to get your hands dirty, then this may be the job for you! Please send an application letter explaining why you think you are the best applicant for the role, along with a current resume to:
BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT