Located on 435 spectacular acres of land sprawled over the picturesque hills of Seaview, a wonderful opportunity to work as an experienced Farm Assistant awaits.
Only 18 Kilometres from Warragul CBD, you will enjoy the spectacular views whilst working on this truly diverse property. The farm owners are looking for an honest, reliable and well organised farm assistant on a full time permanent basis.
This role is very hands on and no two days are ever the same due to the diverse nature of the farm’s activities. There is also the opportunity to advance into a Farm Manager role for the right candidate.
In this tranquil rural setting you will be responsible for:
• Raising Limousin and Angus/Friesian cattle, Ryeland lambs and large black pigs
• Maintain the indoor equestrian arena
• Build and repair fences and electric fences
• Feeding out, stock movement and management
• Water trough checks and repairs
• Mowing, mulching, lawn mowing, slashing, and weed spraying
• Machinery checks and minor repairs
• Be fully responsible for the farm when the owners are away
• Other general farm work and maintenance duties as required
Additionally, to be successful in this role it is essential that you have:
• Relevant experience with cattle, stock handling and animal husbandry is a must
• Experience with sheep or pigs is advantageous
• Experience with calving and lambing will be advantageous
• Knowledge of management, movement and tag recording
• A current drivers licence
• Experience with driving quad bikes and 90hp + tractors
• Be physically fit and healthy as the farm has a lot of steep hills
• A strong work ethic
• The ability to work independently and unsupervised
• The flexibility to work occasional weekends
To apply, please submit a current resume outlining your relevant experience to:
BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT
PO Box 287, Warragul 3820
PLEASE NOTE: NO ACCOMMODATION SUPPLIED.