Environment health, food safety and public health your passion?
Work in one of the most pristine locations in Australia!
South Gippsland Shire Council has a great opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health Officer. This is a temporary part-time position (3 days per week) to start ASAP and continuing approximately through to Christmas.
The key responsibilities include:
- Conducting inspections and investigations
- Undertaking food, water and other sampling programs
- Assessing plans for the construction of registerable premises and approving premises for registration
- Preparation of written reports, letters, notices and legal briefs
- Assisting in wastewater approval processes as required
- Attending to enquiries and requests from public for information and assistance on Council services and all matters related to environmental health.
- Assisting with customer surveys and service reviews in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
Do you have?
- A completion of a Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of specific environmental, public health, local government and other related legislation, policies, acts and codes of practice.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- A current drivers licence
To express your interest in this role please forward a covering letter and your resume to:
BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE, ALL ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS MUST BE FORWARDED TO BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT.