Do you have a passion for environmental health?
Want to work in one of the most pristine locations in Australia?
South Gippsland Shire Council has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and suitably qualified Coordinator to join the Environmental Health Team. This dynamic position will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of service delivery in Environmental Health throughout the South Gippsland Shire. You will also have responsibility for assisting with the development of quality plans, strategies, and the coordination of funding and service agreements.
No two days will be alike as your duties will also include:
• Coordinating services in the area of Environmental Health including inspections of premises
• Developing policies and strategy in consultation with the Manager of Regulatory Services
• Delivering a high level of customer service and engage in community consultation
• Being responsible for the on-call after-hours environmental health response team
• Providing leadership and guidance, motivating staff and facilitating professional development
Ideally you are a qualified Environmental Health Officer with substantial experience in assessing rural, urban, coastal, industrial and commercial development relating to health matters. The ideal candidate will also possess:
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven stakeholder engagement and customer service skills
• Demonstrated experience in leadership, mentoring and developing employees
• A high level of experience in policy development and process improvement
• At least five years’ experience in Local Government or a regulatory environment, demonstrating a high level of understanding of applying legislation, regulations and standards
If working in one of Australia’s most scenic corners sounds like a dream opportunity to you, please contact our office to obtain a copy of the Position Description and don’t delay in submitting a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, along with your resume, to:
BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT
(03) 5622 0986
ALL ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS MUST BE FORWARDED TO BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT