We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Dairy Farm Hand/2IC to support the Farm Manager of this delightful dairy farm nestled amidst the rolling hills of Yarragon.
You will have an extensive background in dairy farming and must respect and care for the herd.
In this family owned and ever expanding business you will enjoy working in a friendly team. You will be well supported, you will receive reward for effort and ongoing training is available.
Your hours of work will be rostered over the full week as this is a full time permanent role.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Daily operation and the management of a large dairy herd
• Support the Farm Manager
• Milking using a Herringbone Dairy
• Assist in managing the herd, environment and facilities
• Recording of data
• Dairy health & hygiene ensuring cow comfort
• Management of stock feed and watering of cattle
• Maintaining strict hygiene and cleanliness standards in and around the dairy farm
• Identifying other animal health problems and administering first aid and treatment
• Other general duties as required
The following are essential to be considered for this role:
• Experience in a similar role
• Drivers licence
• Flexibility in regard to rostering and ability to work split shifts
• Ability to lift heavy weights, stand for long periods and work in all weather conditions
• Be self-motivated
• Be passionate about your career in dairy and passionate about the cattle
• Be reliable, honest and have a positive outlook
Please Note: No accommodation is available on this farm.
To apply please submit a cover letter and a current resume to:
BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT
1300 729 986