Our clients located in Yarragon, are the owners of an innovative and expanding family-owned dairy farm. Boasting a friendly, supportive work environment and a competitive salary, they are seeking a candidate with a passion for the agriculture industry and the desire to provide quality care to their herd. On offer is the opportunity for a Dairy Farm Hand to join the team on a permanent basis, starting in October.
About the Role
The hours for this role are Monday to Thursday 9:00am to 6:00pm and every second weekend.
You will be responsible for:
• Cattle management (320 for milking and 120 steers)
• Milking with a completely automated herringbone system
• Checking cattle for health issues and administering medication as required
• General duties such as feeding stock, moving stock as required, fencing and general maintenance
• Tractor operations, including hay and silage duties
• You have a current drivers’ licence
• You have experience in daily operation of a dairy farm
• You have milking experience and basic computer knowledge required to operate a completely automated herringbone system
• You are passionate for dairy cows and know how to identify and treat animal health issues
• You have experience driving a tractor on hills and carrying loads
In addition to the above, the successful candidate must be self-motivated with common sense, a positive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised. If you believe this job has your name written all over it and are available to commence in October, then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your resume to:
BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT