Baw Baw Shire is situated approximately one hour South East of Melbourne and is deemed one of Victoria’s major growth areas. It is a predominantly rural based municipality with a population nearing 50,000.
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking to temporarily appoint a suitably qualified, passionate team player to lead the Statutory Planning Team for the period 20 November 2017 to 9 March 2018. The role is full time and has the offer of a highly attractive salary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Supervising, mentoring, managing and developing the Statutory Planning staff
• Providing an efficient, quality and timely planning service for customers and Council
• Develop, review and assist in the implementation of policy, processes and procedures to ensure the consistent, timely and efficient assessment of planning applications as per individual work and annual business plans
The successful candidate will have:
• Tertiary Qualifications in town planning, urban studies or an appropriate discipline with several years relevant experience or lessor formal qualifications with extensive experience
• Demonstrated experience and skills in a statutory planning role.
• Demonstrated experience in coaching, managing and motivating team members
• Proven ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, the provisions of planning legislation to all customers, including members of the community, Council officers, Government departments and Councillors.
• Proactive ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and engage staff and stakeholders in the development of improved work practices.
• Demonstrated understanding and possess knowledge of Planning and Environment Act 1987, Subdivision Act 1988 and an extensive knowledge of related legislation and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal precedents.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office.
Please submit your current resume along with an application letter highlighting your relevant experience to:
BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT